Self Diagnosis Method (SDM): The user-friendly environmental checklist
The Self Diagnosis Method exists of three parts:
- SDM checklist: Filling in the SDM checklist is your 'passport' to the EcoPorts network.
- SDM Comparison: Compare your SDM score with the European average
- SDM Review: Review your SDM score and receive expert's advice and customised recommendations.
1. Joining the Network
SDM is a checklist that allows you to identify and reflect on environmental risks in your port. Aggregated and anonymised data provided by EcoPorts members are used to build and update the sector’s benchmark of performance in environmental management.
A completed SDM is valid for a period of 2 years.
Benefits of using SDM
How to use SDM?
1. Register here
2. Go to 'My Account' and complete the port profile section
3. Upon application, you will receive an invoice of €1700. Once the payment is carried out, you will be eligible to complete the SDM
2. Reviewing your SDM
Receive expert’s advice and customised recommendations on how to improve your environmental performance.
Upon submission of your SDM, an expert will subject your port’s environmental management to a gap analysis with regards to established environmental management standards and a SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats). During the review, the expert ensures a customised assessment, taking into account your port’s top 5 priorities for action.
Benefits of the SDM Review
3. Comparing your score
Together with the SDM review you will receive a comparison of your port’s score with the Ecoports’ Port Network World benchmark of environmental performance.